Link to TileWeb Home Page  TileWeb: Paving-tile Watercolours Online

The Collections:
Parker-Hore

The Parker-Hore Archive Collection of Watercolours of Paving-tiles
held in Worcester and in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
County/Country = Gloucestershire AND Town/Village = Thornbury
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
1 of 4 Record
County: Gloucestershire Click on Image to see original watercolour
Click for larger version of this image
Town/Village: Thornbury
Place Details: Castle
Artist and Date: F Renaud 1894 June 22
Iconography: Heraldic
Copied from (Collection): Soc of Antiq Ren IV p 557
Watercolour Ref. No.: G700
Notebook: FMP  
Portfolio: Jas P,  
Notebook: IH 3
Other details: See on back: Tile now in the South Kensington Museum on which a flaming hub or nave of a wheel is displayed, flanked by Stafford knots, being a badge of the Buckingham's first instituted by Duke Humphrey c.AD 1500 on the removal of his brothers the Chancellor and Treasurer from office. The `carte nathe is spokeles for the counseill that `he gaf' see Mrs Palliser's Historic badges. Also No 44. Where the hub is without flames. Also No.130.
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
 

Copyright of this digital resource will be held jointly by
the Ashmolean Museum, Worcester City Museum & Art Gallery and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.
Copyright of the original drawings is held by
the Ashmolean Museum and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society respectively.
11-Dec-2017>
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission.

 
  Link to Worcestershire Museums Link to the Ashmolean Museum Home Page
Link to the Millennium Commission Worcestershire Archaeological Society Logo