Link to TileWeb Home Page  TileWeb: Paving-tile Watercolours Online

The Collections:
Parker-Hore

The Parker-Hore Archive Collection of Watercolours of Paving-tiles
held in Worcester and in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
County/Country = Oxfordshire AND Town/Village = Harpsden
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
4 of 9 Record
County: Oxfordshire Click on Image to see original watercolour
Click for larger version of this image
Town/Village: Harpsden
Place Details: Church
Artist and Date:  
Iconography: Fleur de lys, quatrefoil, rosette, rose, cross, knot
Copied from (Collection): B Mus London A226
Watercolour Ref. No.: O341
Notebook: FMP  
Portfolio: Jas P,  
Notebook: IH 5
Other details: Given by Rev J K Leighton 1852. Four others making a four tile design - circular band with Lombardic letters MR between a Wake knot repeated four times. With oak leaves in centre and outside angles. Early 14th century. From the ruined chantry on the south of Harpsden Church. See Shaw Plate XXXV. 4.7 inches square. Yellow on whitish red. In the combination of four. The R and M come together. 4 1/2 inches square (Irene Hore).
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
 

Copyright of this digital resource will be held jointly by
the Ashmolean Museum, Worcester City Museum & Art Gallery and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.
Copyright of the original drawings is held by
the Ashmolean Museum and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society respectively.
12-Dec-2017>
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission.

 
  Link to Worcestershire Museums Link to the Ashmolean Museum Home Page
Link to the Millennium Commission Worcestershire Archaeological Society Logo