Link to TileWeb Home Page  TileWeb: Paving-tile Watercolours Online

The Collections:
Parker-Hore

The Parker-Hore Archive Collection of Watercolours of Paving-tiles
held in Worcester and in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
County/Country = Warwickshire
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
3 of 61 Record
County: Warwickshire Click on Image to see original watercolour
Click for larger version of this image
Town/Village: Coventry
Place Details: St Michael's church
Artist and Date: F Renaud 1888 September
Iconography: Heraldic
Copied from (Collection): Soc of Antiq Ren III p 330
Watercolour Ref. No.: J003
Notebook: FMP  
Portfolio: Jas P,  
Notebook: IH 4
Other details: Arms of the Earl of Leicester. Similar tiles are to be seen in the churches of All Saints and St Mary's Leicester. Gules a cinquefoil ermine, pierced of the field for Bellomont the last Earl of which name Rob.Ob. 6 King John 1205 (F Renaud). This bearing is used for the Coquizaine of the town of Leicester of which Robert deo Bellomont was the first Earl after the Conquest.
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
 

Copyright of this digital resource will be held jointly by
the Ashmolean Museum, Worcester City Museum & Art Gallery and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.
Copyright of the original drawings is held by
the Ashmolean Museum and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society respectively.
13-Dec-2017>
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission.

 
  Link to Worcestershire Museums Link to the Ashmolean Museum Home Page
Link to the Millennium Commission Worcestershire Archaeological Society Logo