Link to TileWeb Home Page  TileWeb: Paving-tile Watercolours Online

The Collections:
Parker-Hore

The Parker-Hore Archive Collection of Watercolours of Paving-tiles
held in Worcester and in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
County/Country = Warwickshire AND Town/Village = Wormleighton
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
5 of 18 Record
County: Warwickshire Click on Image to see original watercolour
Click for larger version of this image
Town/Village: Wormleighton
Place Details: Church
Artist and Date: F Renaud 1891 May
Iconography: Heraldic
Copied from (Collection): Soc of Antiq Ren III p 437
Watercolour Ref. No.: J039
Notebook: FMP  
Portfolio: Jas P,  
Notebook: IH 4
Other details: Tile displaying the arms of Peche of Wormleighton viz a fess between six (?seven) cross crosslets argent. Wormleighton Manor came into this family by the marriage of Geoffrey Peche with Petronell daughter and cohort of Richard Walsh, a predecessor therein of Geoffrey de Clinton and so continued from the reign of Richard to that of Henry 7 Geoffrey of Clinton gave the church to the Canon of Kenilworth which was confirmed to them by Richard Peche. Bishop of Coventry see Dugdale's Warwickshire.
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
 

Copyright of this digital resource will be held jointly by
the Ashmolean Museum, Worcester City Museum & Art Gallery and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.
Copyright of the original drawings is held by
the Ashmolean Museum and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society respectively.
12-Dec-2017>
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission.

 
  Link to Worcestershire Museums Link to the Ashmolean Museum Home Page
Link to the Millennium Commission Worcestershire Archaeological Society Logo