Link to TileWeb Home Page  TileWeb: Paving-tile Watercolours Online

The Collections:
Parker-Hore

The Parker-Hore Archive Collection of Watercolours of Paving-tiles
held in Worcester and in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
County/Country = Worcestershire AND Town/Village = Worcester
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
4 of 34 Record
County: Worcestershire Click on Image to see original watercolour
Click for larger version of this image
Town/Village: Worcester
Place Details: Cathedral
Artist and Date:  
Iconography: Heraldic
Copied from (Collection): Nichols p 24
Watercolour Ref. No.: W157
Notebook: FMP  
Portfolio: Jas P,  
Notebook: IH 7
Other details: Part of Irene Hore's lecture. Fig 14 British Archaeological Journal IV p 226. Bishop Carpenter arranged in a similar manner from the Lady chapel Worcester. No 24. J G Nichols p 2. This represents the arms of John Carpenter, appointed Bishop of Worcester in AD 1443 and who resigned that see in or before AD 1476 - viz. Paly of six pieces argent and gules, on a chevron azure, three cross crosslets or.
First Record Previous Record Back to
Results Gallery
Back to Search
Entry Form
New Search Next Record Last Record
 

Copyright of this digital resource will be held jointly by
the Ashmolean Museum, Worcester City Museum & Art Gallery and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.
Copyright of the original drawings is held by
the Ashmolean Museum and by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society respectively.
12-Dec-2017>
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission.

 
  Link to Worcestershire Museums Link to the Ashmolean Museum Home Page
Link to the Millennium Commission Worcestershire Archaeological Society Logo